These days, staying at home and entertaining your family is becoming more and more desirable and having a home theater is just the way to do that! We LOVE designing and installing home theaters, so here are ten benefits to having your own dedicated home theater.
- You get the same movie going experience, without the hassle. When you have a home theater of your own, you don’t ever have to find a parking place or wait in line to buy tickets or buy overpriced popcorn. You can bring whatever food you like, and you can choose the best seats in the house.
- You can take your video games to a new level. In a dedicated home theater, gaming becomes a whole new game, so to speak. Video games become more immersive, with crisp larger than life imagery and realistic surround sound. Whether you’re a Guitar Hero, or in in the front lines of Call of Duty, playing video games in a home theater is a different experience—you’ll never want to go back!
- You have front row tickets to any sporting event. Many of our clients share that hosting Sunday football games, March Madness nights or watching the Winter Olympics are a huge benefit to having a dedicated home theater. The big screen and surround sound will have you feeling like you are right there in the stadium.
- You have complete reign over the remote control. When you go to the movies, they never stop the movie so you can use the bathroom or grab another drink. When you have your own theater, you are the king of your domain. You can stop the show, rewind to watch that football play, or watch a long movie over the course of two nights. It’s your choice.
- Hello? Netflix anyone? Home entertainment isn’t just movies anymore. Netflix, Hulu and other streaming services offer incredible content that we could have never imagined. Indie documentaries, binge-worthy television series, and original content films are now added to the mix for you and your family.
- Sound and acoustics are how they should be. When we design and install a dedicated home theater, we start thinking about sound and acoustics early on because this is such an important part of having the best viewing experience. The shape of the room, speaker size, furniture placement and décor all contribute to how sounds behave in a room. In a home theater, you won’t have variable sound effects or scratchy feedback.
- You can choose your own furniture. Dreaming of a new recliner? Or is a large sectional sofa more your speed? From beanbags to home theater specific seating, furniture can make or break a theater room because comfort is key! We can also work with you to design and build custom cabinetry to hide equipment or store media.
- You can use (almost) any room for a home theater. Yes, basements are often a great choice for a home theater because they are dark and quiet, but we can help you modify a room to become a very sweet theater room. We’ve transformed extra bedrooms, offices, playrooms and garages into home theaters that work for you.
- You can have fun with technology. Home automation and entertainment technology has truly become easy and fun to use. The integration with digital advances such as online streaming and smart home controls is fun and easy to use. For the technophile in all of us, a home theater brings technology and entertainment together for a state-of-the-art home.
- You increase the value of your home. According to this article in the New York Times, a properly designed and installed home theater can boost your home’s value. This is part of a larger trend of transforming basements, extra garage space or additional rooms into high-end space.
Home Systems Solutions takes pride in being Central Oregon’s leader in smart home automation, theater and entertainment. Contact us to visit our Bend showroom or get an initial consultation. Email us or call 541-610-7915 for more information.